Sunday, August 28, 2016

Week 2 / Model

Model Construction

I will borrow the form from Sing Me To Sleep, but probably come in with a longer introduction. I'll standardize each part to be 8 bars long for starters.

Intro | Verse 1 | Verse 2 | Pre-Chorus | Chorus | Verse 1 | Pre-Chorus | Chorus | Bridge | Outro

Here is the preview of the arrangement set up in Logic:
















Instrumentation:
Drums, Percussion, Bass - Foundation
Keyboard Synth 1 - Rhythm
Guitar - Fills
Keyboard Synth 2 - Lead
More synths/flute/piano - Fills

Since this is an electronic music piece, I would be using the synths to do the lead and rhythms. Sing Me To Sleep also included piano, guitars, flutes, soul lead etc. which I think would be nice additions if I have the capability. For now, I would try to add in at least one filler, the guitar.

Harmony:
This is where I am a little bit lost. I know there are common chord progressions we can follow but I don't know how to identify the harmony in the short melody I have started working on. For me, I started thinking about a melody first since I would not know how to create a melody based on given chord progressions?

What I do know is that my music will be in the minor key, the progressions will be simple: 1-1-1-1 | 1-1-1-1

No comments: