Sunday, August 21, 2016

Week 1

Last week, I was mainly focused on testing out Logic. I looked through the instruments list and recorded a few random tunes to hear how they sound like, and layered a couple of instruments together to hear if they sound good together.

I'm quite sure I want to have a piano in my song too, so I tried the piano instrument out a little more: shifting notes, cutting notes, elongating notes, changing sound of piano.

This week, I will need to test out other features. EQ, Auxiliary tracks? Excited to find out what else is in store. I will also try to think of a concept/basic tune to work on by experimenting and playing more random tunes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I suggest you not worry about production yet. Get the basics of the song first. Use your model to set up the song in Logic and start writing. Decide on a chord progression, bass style and drums, then add melody. If you find sound that are close, that's fine for now. You can always change them later.